What is in a placenta?
Placenta capsules contain only your placenta, and each placenta will be different in size, shape and content of each element. After processing, there is a reduction of those elements as there is with any food being processed during preparation, so your placenta capsules will be different to the next person’s. Below you will find information about what appears in a placenta in it’s natural state and some of the functions it has.
- Oxytocin is a hormone produced in the endocrine system which helps the uterus return to normal size, this amazing hormone supports infant attachment and protects your breastfeeding relationship
- Galactogogue effect– the release of oxytocin when the placenta is birthed supports a good milk supply and has been noted to increase supply
- Iron, growth factors and stem cells– essential for restorative changes in the postnatal recovery time and reducing postnatal bleeding
- Postnatal depression– progesterone is contained within the placenta, a hormone related to reduced incidence of postnatal depression when in abundance
- CRH– another great hormone within the placenta itself which helps to reduce stress levels
Which placenta remedies are available to me?
- Placenta Smoothies (collection and preparation in your own home within 24 hours of birth)
- Placenta Encapsulation (Placenta pills – Steamed Capsules or Simple Capsules)
- Placenta Tincture
- Baby Balm, Cream, Massage Oil, Stretch Mark Oil Eye Gel and Facial Oil (EU/UK Cosmetic Regulations Compliant) from Balm Pots
- Homeopathic placenta remedies
Placenta prints and cord keepsakes are also added into your final package if you wish to keep this for those who wish to have a momento of your birth to keep forever.
It is possible for you to have your placenta encapsulated wherever you choose to have your babies. If you birth at home, birth centre or hospital, your placenta can be kept safe and ready for preparation.
Please get in touch for any information or specific concerns you might have regarding placenta encapsulation. If you have any questions about this service, as a standalone service or as part of your doula package, I am happy to talk to you about this wonderful gift to yourself after your birth journey.
Safety in mind for Placenta Remedies
Fully trained and certified Placenta Specialists have completed training including Food Hygiene, HACCP and Infection Control. All cosmetics are subject to the compliance of EU/UK Cosmetics Regulations.
The Food Standards Agency has classified Placenta Remedies as a food product, an therefore your provider should be registered with their local authority as a food business. You can check with them and ask for their details as a registered food business to ensure they are complying with their legal obligations, keeping you safe during every step.
Choosing a Cheshire based placenta encapsulation service with a Certified Placenta Remedy Specialist means I can travel to you quickly after your birth to preserve the placenta and ensure it is in perfect condition for the preparation of your placenta pills.
Based in Alderley Edge and Fylde Coast, we are able to personally collect your placenta in Cheshire and Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Merseyside.
*collection fee applies in some areas